Health Information – Useful Links
This page is dedicated to helping you locate information about your health and well being, including details of local groups and organisations that are able to offer help, support and advice on a range of related issues. These details were correct at the time of publishing (October 2015).
NHS pages and services
- Click here to find information about Ysbyty Glan Clwyd – including directions and visiting times.
- Ysbyty Glan Clwyd is part of the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board. Their website holds details on all of the services they offer, and also has lots of information about health care, careers and vacancy information, and data and performance reports. Click here to access their homepage.
- How healthy are you? ‘Add to your life’ is an online self assessment of your own health. Answer each section carefully, and you will be able to receive feedback on the small steps you can take to improve your health and well being. It can also direct you to other services which may be relevant in order to help you to look after yourself. Register by clicking here and fill in your details.
- Are you travelling abroad? If so, follow this link to the NHS travel pages. You can find information on accessing healthcare outside of the UK, learn more about whether you’ll need vaccinations before you travel, and you can read a range of travel tips on everything from staying safe in the sun, to reducing the risk of travel sickness and even DVT.
- The law is changing surrounding organ donation on 1 December 2015. If you have not recorded an organ donation decision (opt in or opt out), you will be treated as having no objection to donating any of your organs. Read about these changes by clicking here.
- Macmillan Cancer Support – Macmillan’s ambition is to reach and improve the lives of everyone living with cancer. In 2014, they provided help and support to 5.4million people. Read about their work here.
- Every year, one in four people suffer mental health problems. MIND is a charity that provides help and support to empower anyone suffering with a mental health issue. They campaign for the improvement of mental health services and produce publications to raise awareness of mental health issues. MIND has local action groups across the UK, including bases in Rhyl, Mold and Llandudno. Click here to access their homepage.
- Are you, or does someone you know, live with Alzheimer’s Disease or Dementia? There are 850,000 people with dementia in the UK and the number is set to rise to 1 million by 2021.The Alzheimer’s Society has a great website, full of articles, news, and reports. They also have a 24 hour forum where you can post questions and ask others for advice.