Ward Visitors Needed!
Are you friendly, outgoing, sensitive and compassionate? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? If so, we’d love to hear from you, as we are looking for people with all of these qualities to join our team of ward visitors.
This is an exciting time to join Radio Glan Clwyd, as the redevelopment of the hospital site is coming to it’s conclusion, with wards and departments reopening, and with patient numbers increasing. As a result, we are looking for more ward visitors that are able to help promote the radio service to patients across the hospital.
Patients are offered a small personal target tuned radio, which they can use to tune in to Radio Glan Clwyd. They return these personal radios when they are discharged. They key duties of our ward team include:
– distributing personal radios to patients
– collecting requests from patients, staff and visitors
– cleaning and maintaining the target tuned radios
– restocking each ward with a supply of personal radios
– liaising with ward staff
– a willingness to support other one off events like the hospital quiz nights and fundraising activities
– opportunities to participate in live radio programmes if you wish to do so.
Our current team of ward visitors meet on Tuesdays at the studio. Full training and support is given to all new members, who must be aged 18 and over, and must satisfy a DBS criminal record check due to the nature of the work.
Please email email@example.com to register your interest in joining our team.